Happy Monday! This weekend I had the chance to make a card live over at Instagram! A non-traditional Christmas card in Lilac and Green using the new A Christmas Hello rubber stamp kit by Unity Stamp Co. This kit comes with 2 hanging elements, bold Christmas words and small words to mix and match. The hanging poinsettia and pinecone are playful elements that you can layer to create a festive background such as this one! This kit is the Holiday version of the Hey Friend rubber stamp kit released earlier this year. By the way, A Christmas Hello is 50% off right now over at Unity! Click here to find out more!
Today I’m sharing the steps I followed to create this card. The techniques I used are perfect for this stamp kit, no matter what colors you use! I’m also sharing links to many of the supplies I used in each step. Hope this gives you a better idea of how to put together a card like this!
To make this card:
2. Apply color to the background with the ink smooshing technique. In this case I used ink from the Arteza Real Brush Pens, a water mister and a Graphix Monoprint plate for the technique. Let dry the background well.
3. Next stamp more pinecones and poinsettias on a separate piece of white paper.
4. Watercolor the elements with Arteza Real Brush Pens and let dry.
5. Fussy cut the poinsettias and pinecones and add them to the stamped background using 3D Zots and mixed media adhesive for the end of the hanging strings.
6. Stamp the words peace, joy and love using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and fussy cut each of them.
7. Attach the sentiments using Mixed Media Adhesive to the bottom corner of the card panel.
8. Adhere the stamped card panel to a black mattting layer and then to a white cardbase.
If you don’t mind using non-traditional colors on your Christmas cards, this combo might be something to try out this year! Nevertheless, I’m sure you could try this same technique in reds and greens to create stunning traditional Holiday cards also! If you do make a card with this stamp kit and/or this technique please tag us on social media with #gracielliedesign because we’d love to see what you come up with!
Hope you enjoyed today’s post. For many more ideas make sure to follow us here on the blog and also on Facebook and Instagram. We’re always sharing lots of inspiration projects! Thanks so much for stopping by!